Social Media Branding: 5 Strategies To Use in 2024
By Whitney Schanie
Social media branding is essential for building your business’ online footprint, connecting with your audience and selling your products and services. But if you’re not sure how to build a presence on social media, you’re not alone.
Many business owners feel the same way!
Whether you’re not sure where to start, or are worried about potential criticism, there are many reasons to feel apprehensive about jumpring into social media brading.
Don’t worry, you are in the right hands. At Wingnut Social, we specialize in social media management and branding interior designers and related businesses, and have plenty of amazing tips that are applicable to any field.
This article will tell you that you can ditch excuses and start using social media platforms to promote your business like a pro.
What is social media branding?
Social media branding is the process of using social media platforms to build and promote a brand’s identity, establish a consistent and cohesive image, and engage with a target audience. It involves the strategic use of various social media channels to create a positive perception of a brand, connect with customers, and drive sales.
Key components of social media branding include:
- Consistent Branding Elements: Ensure that your brand’s visual elements, such as logos, colors, and imagery, remain consistent across all social media platforms.
- Content Strategy: Develop a content strategy that aligns with your brand’s voice and values. Share content that is relevant to your target audience, reflects your brand personality, and adds value.
- Engagement and Interaction: Actively engage with your audience through comments, messages, and social media polls. Responding to customer inquiries and comments in a timely and authentic manner helps build a positive brand image.
- Social Media Campaigns: Plan and execute social media campaigns that align with your brand messaging and goals. These campaigns could be centered around product launches, promotions, influencer collaborations or events.
- Community Building: Foster a sense of community among your followers. Encourage user-generated content, run contests, and create opportunities for your audience to connect with each other and with your brand.
5 ways to build your brand on social media
1. Be Social
Social media is powered by people like you and me.
We’re all there to connect with others, share our interests, and learn new things. And that’s the best part! You can use social media to connect with people who share your interests, build a community around your brand, and grow your business!
In fact, 90% of people who follow brands on Instagram buy from them. That’s because people don’t just want to buy products or services; they want to feel connected to a brand and be part of their community.
One of the best things you can do to establish connection with your audience is to respond to comments, answer questions and show that you care about your audience’s opinion.
So get out there and start engaging with your audience. Be social and stay true to yourself. And watch your brand grow.
2. Embrace Authenticity
Your audience connects with brands that they feel like they can relate to. It’s important to be authentic in your content. Let your personality shine through. Share your journey, struggles, and successes. This will help your audience feel like they know you and can trust you.
Use your social media platforms to tell your brand’s story. Share the history of your company, the people who work there, and the products or services you offer. This will help your audience to understand your brand on a deeper level.
People appreciate brands that can make them laugh. Humor can help us cope with life’s challenges, and it can also make us feel more connected to brands that we enjoy.
So don’t be afraid to use humor in your social media presence, even if it’s self-deprecating or pokes fun at your industry.
If you’re unsure how to be authentic in your content, just ask yourself: “Would I like to follow this brand?” If the answer is yes, then you’re on the right track.
3. Know Your Audience
Take some time to get to know your audience because if you don’t, your efforts in the social media branding don’t really matter.
What makes your audience tick? How about their pain points? And what can your brand/product do to resolve these pain points?
Once you know this, you can start creating content they’ll love.
If you’re targeting moms with your product, it’s a good idea to create content that speaks to their needs. With their busy schedules and endless responsibilities, moms are constantly looking for ways to streamline their lives and make the most of their resources.
As a business, you can tap into this need by offering content that provides helpful tips and tricks for parenthood. Whether it’s advice on meal planning, time management, or budgeting, your content can help moms save time and reduce stress.
By positioning yourself as a valuable resource and offering solutions that make their lives easier, you can build strong relationships with your customers and create a loyal following.
4. Be Creative
Don’t be afraid to try new things. Experiment with different types of content and see what works best for your audience. If you’re always doing the same thing, people will start to tune you out.
Shake things up, and see what happens.
You might fail. That’s okay. Failure is a part of the creative process. The important thing is to keep trying. Keep experimenting and pushing the boundaries. Who knows? You might just come up with something amazing. Something that people will love.
Here are some new content ideas you could try:
- Put your face into your stories. People want to connect with the people behind the brand, so show them your face! Share day-to-day footage, give product demos, or talk to your audience directly.
- Show the behind-the-scenes. People love to see how things are made, so give them a glimpse into your creative process. Share videos of you developing new products or photos of your team hard at work.
- Create those reels! Reels are a great way to share short, snackable content with your audience. They’re perfect for showing off your products in action or sharing behind-the-scenes footage. Reels are also a great way to reach a wider audience, as they are often featured on the Explore page.
- Run contests and giveaways. Contests and giveaways are a great way to generate excitement and engagement around your brand. They’re also a great way to collect your audience’s email addresses and other valuable information.
- Host live videos. Live videos are a great way to connect with your audience in real-time. You can use them to answer questions, give product demonstrations, or chat with your fans.
- Collaborating with influencers. When businesses collaborate with influencers, they can tap into these powerful channels to reach a wider audience and grow their brand.
But don’t just try new things for the sake of trying them. Make sure that your creative efforts are aligned with your brand and your audience.
What kind of content do your customers love? What type of content would they find helpful or informative? And what kind of content is currently trending?
While you need maintain some originality, staying on top of trends is important for successful social media branding.
So don’t be afraid to put your own spin on things.
5. Be Consistent
Social media is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. It can be used to connect with customers, build brand awareness, and drive sales.
In order to be successful on social media, businesses need to be consistent enough not to be forgotten but not so consistent that they’re boring.
The key is to find a happy medium. So don’t post every day, but don’t post once a month, either. Find a frequency that works for your audience and brings you the most return on investment.
And don’t be afraid to experiment with your posts. After all, social media branding is all about what works best for YOUR brand.
Throw in some memes, some gifs, and some witty captions. Make your audience laugh. Create feelings and emotions. Provoke questions.
The more engaging your posts are, the more likely people are to interact with them. And the more people who interact with your posts, the more successful you’ll be on social media.
And if you do forget to post, don’t sweat it. Just don’t make a habit of it.
After all, nobody likes a flake.
Social media branding: FAQ’s
How do you run a brand on social media?
Running a brand on social media involves a strategic and consistent approach to build and maintain online presence. Create a content strategy that reflects your brand’s voice and values, identify and understand your target audience, and actively engage with your audience through comments, messages, and shares.
How can social media promote brand image?
From visual storytelling to engaging with your audience through comments and messages and sharing compelling stories about your brand’s journey, there are many ways to promote your brand on social media.
What is social media rebranding?
Social media rebranding involves making changes to a brand’s presence on social media platforms. It can involve a variety of elements, ranging from visual identity to messaging and overall marketing strategy. The goal of social media rebranding is typically to refresh, or completely transform the way a brand is perceived in the online space.
How do beginners start social media marketing?
If you are a beginner who wants to jump into social media marketing, you should define your objectives, set up and optimize your profiles with compelling information and develop a consistent posting schedule. Remember that developing a content strategy that resonates with your audience and aligns with your goals is an important step of the process.
Social media branding: final word
Are you thinking about starting a social media account for your business?
We say go for it! The social media landscape can be a bit daunting at first, but it’s also a lot of fun. And with a little effort, you can build a strong presence for your business and connect with your customers in a meaningful way.
Be patient, stay true to yourself, and enjoy the journey. Keep learning, keep evolving, and before you know it, you’ll have a tribe of dedicated community who can’t get enough of what you’re serving!
So, what are you waiting for? You’ve got what it takes to build that brand people will absolutely love. Go out there, rock it, and let the world know what you’re all about.
If you want to learn more about our social media branding services, let’s chat!
Whitney Schanie is a Social Media Manager for Wingnut Social who lives with her husband and cat in Nashville, TN.
Contact her at email@example.com
- The Unlimited Social Media Currency
You’re swimming in social media currency, and you may not even know it...
- Social Media Holidays
Have you heard about National Siblings Day or National Day of Encouragement? These are referred…
- Use Your Voice on Social Media
Posting with your reputation in mind...Social media is a space to start and join conversations.…
Let go and let Wingnut.
- 10 Furniture Marketing Ideas for Your Social Media (2024)
- Social Media Branding: 5 Strategies To Use in 2024
- Pinterest for Interior Designers: How to Use It To Grow Your Business
- The Best Interior Design Instagram Accounts to Follow on Instagram
- Why Interior Designers Need Instagram: 10 Reasons
- SEO for Interior Designers: Why It’s Important
- Instagram for Architects: How to Get Results for Your Business
- SEO For Interior Designers: Why You Need a Blog
- 11 Interior Design Podcasts To Spark Your Creativity (2024)
- SEO and PPC: How Can They Help Your Interior Design Business?
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tips for Interior Designers
- Marketing Budget For Your Interior Design Business: What You Should Know
- SEO For Interior Designers: 12 Reasons Why You Need It