Business coach Nancy Ganzekaufer joins Natalie and Darla on this week’s episode, breaking down how she got started on Facebook Live, and what her famous Weekend Wine Down broadcasts have done for her business. Through her work, Nancy empowers creative entrepreneurs to build the life and business they have always wanted. She leads by example through her hard work, encouragement, and most of all, her no b.s. leadership style.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [3:30] How Darla and Nancy bonded over too much whiskey
- [4:45] How Nancy started wining down and how that helped her level up her business
- [6:54] Start doing Facebook Lives on your personal page
- [11:30] How to get your Facebook Live game off the ground
- [16:06] Think of only one person you’re trying to talk to when you do your livestreams
- [18:30] The three words that will transform your business
- [23:15] How long you should give livestreams a chance before re-evaluating
- [25:27] What up, Wingnut?
- [30:58] Natalie and Darla’s takeaways
Connect with Nancy Ganzekaufer
Resources & People Mentioned
- Nancy’s Weekend Whiskey Down with Darla
- A Well-Designed Business Podcast
- Actionable Entrepreneurs
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People
- The Interior Design Profit Formula
- Get your Audible Free Trial!
Facebook collaboration has real-life ROI
When Nancy first started her Weekend Wine Down Facebook Live shows, it was for a reason many people can relate to: She was uncomfortable talking to a camera all on her own. She was so uncomfortable, in fact, she put googly eyes on either side of her camera so she would have something to look at while she was talking. But what started out as daunting has now become second nature to her and a huge value to her audience.
On this week’s episode, Nancy talks about how her weekly chats have brought in all sorts of different creative types, from entrepreneurs to fitness coaches. It’s a win-win-win situation for Nancy: Her audience learns from her guests, the audience values Nancy for bringing them that guest, and past guests have landed clients through the Weekend Wine Downs.
How to get started with Facebook Live
If you want to get started using Facebook Live, but aren’t sure how, Nancy recommends making it easy on yourself. Commit to doing a 15-minute show once a week where you’re giving tips in your area of expertise. And if you’re anxious about it, grab another designer from another state (so they can’t compete for your business) and have them do it with you.
Getting up on Facebook Live and truly making it valuable for your audience requires just a little planning, a little commitment and maybe a couple tools to help improve the experience. Nancy uses a platform called BeLive which brings all the bells and whistles that makes it fun for an audience. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of all of the great advice Nancy delivered on this week’s episode of the podcast!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website