Instagram Comments Upgrade –
Episode #165 the Wingnut Social Podcast
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [0:36] WHY are they doing a podcast at 5 am?
- [1:36] You can now PIN your Instagram comments
- [4:58] Instagram is implementing anti-bullying measures
- [6:25] The commenter will get notified of the pin
- [6:45] How do you actually pin the comment?
- [7:03] What does this mean for designers?
- [9:07] Blooper Reel!
Resources & People Mentioned
WHY the Instagram comments feature is all the rage
If you have a post on Instagram that’s performing well and a superfan posts an excited and cheery comment, you want to promote it. Now, you can! To do so, you simply swipe left on the comment and click the pin icon and voilà! It will pin the Instagram comment to the top of the thread.
It will be the first comment people see and serve to create excitement and buzz around the post. PLUS the commenter will get notified that you were so enthralled by their comment that you boosted it to the top of your thread. YouTube has embraced the pinned comments feature since 2016, so it was about time Instagram stepped up to the plate.
This can even be a GREAT marketing tool for designers. How? Listen to the minisode to find out!
Clean up your Instagram comments
Even better—you’re allowed to pin up to THREE comments to the top of your thread. Why is this so important? It allows you to push negative comments—that you may not want to delete—further down and out of sight. So users can still see how you handle negative comments from a customer service point of view, but all of the focus and emphasis is on the positive comments.
Natalie shares that Facebook and Instagram took 1.5 million pieces of content off the platform in the 4th quarter of 2019 and the 1st quarter of 2020 because of bullying and harassment violations. Instagram is going to add more anti-bullying measures to protect their users and encourage a positive environment. Pinning Instagram comments to the top of your thread means YOU have the power to control the environment of your account.
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- Check out the Wingnut Social Media Lab Facebook Group!
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK