Why It’s Time to Embrace Personal Brand Photography with Jamie Swanson
Episode #084 the Wingnut Social Podcast
Jamie Swanson is a photographer, a blogger, and also a podcaster with years of experience in the industry. Jamie talks with Darla and Natalie about the importance of personal brand photography and how it can positively impact your entire brand in this episode of Wingnut Social.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [1:15] High Point Market recap
- [3:30] Jamie Swanson guest stars!
- [5:20] What is personal brand photography?
- [8:00] What do you want people to say about you?
- [14:50] How in-depth do you go?
- [18:55] Should you make the investment?
- [25:10] What is the investment range you’re looking at?
- [27:10] How to find a personal brand photographer
- [29:20] Embrace being the face of your business
- [34:10] What up Wingnut round
- [36:45] How to connect with Jamie
Connect with Jamie Swanson
Resources & People Mentioned
What sets personal brand photography apart?
A personal brand photographer is a multi-faceted professional who can create beautiful images that highlight who you are as a business professional and human. They help you create a professional image that sets you apart and connects you with your followers.
What do you want people to say about you?
Are you funny? Down-to-earth? Imaginative? Entertaining?
A good photographer will help you identify the connection you want to make and help illustrate it to your audience. It is a strategic branch of photography that combines technical skills, psychology, and a lot of imagination. Jamie gives Darla and Natalie ideas for scenarios to photograph (possibly even involving whiskey and Little Debbie Cakes) and goes in-depth into the process—keep listening!
It’s an investment strategy you can’t ignore
Your goal as a business owner and entrepreneur is to create a name for yourself and your brand. You want to be THE go-to home designer in your area. Personal brand photography used strategically on social media can be the accelerant you need for your business. While it can be a significant investment, the upside is well worth the cost.
If you’re new to the market and just getting your business launched, Jamie recommends investing in a basic package. If your business is bringing in consistent revenue and you’re ready to take it to the next level: get a personal brand photographer on retainer now!
They will deliver gorgeous photos of you in your element. With the right images executed correctly, you can lower your monthly ad spend and increase social media engagement. Your investment will pay off.
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK