What Kenny Rogers Can Teach Us About Social Media Marketing
Episode #092 the Wingnut Social Podcast
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [0:37] When do you implement changes?
- [2:15] Know when to hold ‘em
- [4:25] Delegate your social media
- [5:20] Know when to walk away
- [6:50] You NEED to budget for marketing
Resources & People Mentioned
- Kenny Rogers ‘The Gambler’
Know when to hold ‘em
Instagram has some nifty tools to allow you to track how your posts are performing. In a business account, you can choose “insights” in the toolbar to track your stats. Natalie and Darla recommend two things it helps to track, and if they’re performing well—stay your course.
- Reach: When your reach is enticing 50% of non-followers to view your content. Your hashtags are working, keep going.
- Engagement: If 5-10% of your followers are actively engaged with your posts (liking, commenting and interacting) then you’re doing something right.
If either of these metrics is suffering, it’s time to reevaluate. Play around with different hashtags or copy on your posts until you find something that works! Tracking metrics doesn’t just apply to Instagram. Stay aware of your engagement and reach across platforms. But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
Know when to fold ‘em
Darla and Natalie are brutally honest—time is money. Is social media eating up too much of your time? If you struggle with posting consistently and it isn’t your groove, delegate! Your talents are better served in the areas where you excel. For most of you, that’s spending your time designing. Especially when it comes to dealing with divisive comments.
Unfortunately, not everyone on social media is there to build others up. The errant “That color is NOT what I would have chosen!” can leave you reeling. The ladies point out that’s it’s tough, but you have to take the high road and let it go. It’s time to fold your hand and move along.
Darla and Natalie talk budgeting for social media and show off their vocal talent in this fun episode of Wingnut Social. Don’t miss it!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- Wingnut Social Media Lab Facebook Group
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK