Pivot Your Business with a Strategic Business Coach [Like Michele Williams]
Episode #238 the Wingnut Social Podcast
Michele Williams is a strategic business coach who works with designers to help them create a strategic focus for their business, finances, and all decision-making. She firmly believes when you have a clear idea of where you want to go, you can get clear steps forward in place. She empowers business owners to take back the reins.
When Darla came to Michele, she was struggling through a messy divorce while managing a full-time design business, Wingnut Social, and a podcast. Darla was ready to break and felt out of control. How was Michele able to guide her through her next steps? What did Michele do that helped Darla reclaim control of her businesses? How can she help you, too? Listen to this episode to learn more!
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [4:37] Mini News Sesh: Content Facebook likes
- [8:40] Learn more about Michele Williams
- [13:37] What makes your heart beat?
- [26:32] Check out Build Lane for custom furniture!
- [28:00] Get on Wingnut Social’s waitlist—you won’t regret it
- [29:42] How to find the right coach for you
- [32:00] How to pivot if you can’t afford a coach
- [43:43] The What Up Wingnut! Round
- [47:26] Blooper Reel!
Connect with Michele Williams
- Scarlet Thread Consulting
- Profit Is a Choice Podcast
- Scarlet Thread on Facebook
- Scarlet Thread on Instagram
- Michele on LinkedIn
Resources & People Mentioned
- Capasso Interiors (Get a 15% discount on your first retainer with the Code DARLA15 until October 21st)
- Creating a Sustainable Design Business through Profit First with Michele Williams
- The Vision Driven Leader by Michael Hyatt
How to decide what you love—and what you can live without
Darla was running three businesses—the design business, the podcast, and Wingnut Social. Far too much for one person to handle. None of the businesses could function without her in them. What was her first step? Michele told her to take a step back, pull her head out of the day-to-day, and decide what she loved doing.
Michele emphasizes “Stop building businesses that you don’t like. Stop building businesses that drain you. Stop building businesses that ask more than you’re willing to give. Start building businesses that you love with an intention and with a strategy.” That’s what Michele helped Darla work through.
Which business did she want to put her time and attention into? What made her heart beat faster, that she felt passionate about? What wouldn’t she regret losing? Michele notes you must “Clear everyone else’s voice and hear yours.” You can’t make a business profitable if your heart isn’t in it.
Michele isn’t there to make you a better designer, social media expert, or podcaster. She is there to help her clients run their businesses and make them better business owners. You develop a great business by having a strategy that leads to goals that lead to a plan. It becomes a framework for decision-making. The strategy allows you to say “yes” or “no” and not feel guilty about the decisions you’re making.
How to pivot your business if you can’t afford a coach
Michele says the first step is easy: find someone you trust and consume all of the free information you can from them. Michele—and most coaches out there—offer some sort of free resources. Michele has a weekly podcast (Profit is a Choice) that shares 100% free content. She produces newsletters with actionable tips. You can write down takeaways and start using the free advice that coaches share.
Michele has met numerous people who’ve listened to her for years, implemented everything she’s recommended, and got to a place where they could hire her. What else can you do? Invest in courses. Courses can help get you where you want to go so you can make enough money to do the next thing.
Are you pivoting in your business because you want to—or someone told you that you have to? You need some understanding of why you need to pivot. Then you need to decide to pivot in a direction that will make you happy and joyful. You create a strategic plan and vision of what could be. Then you put one foot in front of the other and gain clarity.
When you’re creating a vision, Michele emphasizes that you have to believe that the best is yet to come. If you’d like someone to guide you along the way, reach out to Michele today!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- Check out the Wingnut Social Media Lab Facebook Group!
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Wingnut Social Podcast Sponsor: Build Lane
- Looking for a great custom furniture option? Check out Build https://buildlane.com/
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK