Make Social Media FUN Again
Episode #180 the Wingnut Social Podcast
Has posting on social media started to feel like drudgery? Are you ready to put the “social” back in social media? Do you want to make it FUN again? Social media marketing is a multibillion-dollar industry with a serious ROI—but it isn’t all about business. It can be a place to be fun and light-hearted. How? Listen to this Monday Marketing Minisode to find out!
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [1:32] Is social media a drudgery?
- [2:52] Check out the AR filters
- [3:42] Create a challenge
- [4:50] Insta stories: Jazz ‘em up
- [7:09] Contests and giveaways
- [7:59] The “Why” behind the episode
- [9:37] Social media CAN be fun
- [10:55] Blooper Reel!
Resources & People Mentioned
TikTok reminds us that social media IS fun
Anyone on TikTok knows that you can get wrapped up in hours of fun and laughter. Darla and Natalie’s 15-year-old is always on TikTok (and so is Darla…). It’s been a great way for their family to bond.
TikTok has revolutionized social media by bringing back what’s been missing for so long: fun. Everyone is noticing and every platform is trying to keep up—especially Instagram. But how do you get back on board?
How can you bring back the fun?
Need some ideas to spice up your social media? Darla and Natalie share a few:
- Check out the AR filters: It can enhance your brand, make you laugh, and connect with fans. AR filters increase and broaden your reach.
- Create a challenge: Get your community involved and engaged. Darla and Natalie did an Instagram challenge that was a blast!
- Jazz up your Insta stories: The create mode is where it’s at. It has interactive stickers, drawings, or text. You can use it in your stories. The dice button shares all the templates of the day as well. Polls, quizzes, countdowns? Give it a shot!
- Contests and giveaways: Wingnut did a contest where the prize was a Wingnut Social t-shirt. All of the winners posted photos in their shirts and tagged Wingnut. Not only did it broaden their reach, but they had a blast doing it.
The bottom line is that people want to see the human side of your business. Give someone insight into what you’re like and your true, authentic self. You have a personality—show it! In the process, you may just realize how much FUN you’ve been missing out on.
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- Check out the Wingnut Social Media Lab Facebook Group!
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK