Kenny Rogers Remix: All about Instagram Strategy
Episode #103 the Wingnut Social Podcast
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [2:55] Know when to hold ‘em
- [5:10] Delegate your social media
- [6:00] Know when to walk away
- [7:30] Money Money Money, Money!
Resources & People Mentioned
- Kenny Rogers ‘The Gambler’
If you’re gonna play the game—learn to play it right
You gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, and know when to walk away. So what does it look like when you’re doing things right?
- When 50% of non-followers are seeing your Instagram posts.
- When your engagement rate is 5-10% of your followers.
If these two things line up, it ain’t broke—don’t fix it. Hold your cards and play out the hand. So when do you fold ‘em? When Instagram strategy is eating up time better spent designing. Get an intern or outsource the work. Delegate.
When do you walk away? When comments have you down in the dumps and you’re about to blow your top, cool off. Let your audience see you take the high road.
Never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table
When you’re making money and your business is profitable it’s easy to stay the course. But when your chips are low (or a recession hits) you may start to waiver. That is when it’s most important to stick to your strategy. Continue to put money into marketing so your pipeline is full.
You need new leads coming in. This is where many designers are reluctant to spend their money. It’s hard to see it’s immediate impact, but in a recession, your pipeline will dry up if money isn’t consistently budgeted for marketing.
For the rest of their tips and takeaways, listen to the whole special minisode!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK