How to Land High-End Clients with Debbe Daley
Episode #031 the Wingnut Social Podcast
Debbe Daley has been in interior design for 30 years, working with nearly 700 clients, many of them high-end. Debbe has seen it all in the industry over the past few decades, and on today’s show she talks about how she approached networking on and offline, how she works with her high-end clients, and what she puts in her packages so her clients know exactly what they’ll get when they work with her.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [1:25] Darla gets a personalized flask but she swears she’s not a big drinker
- [6:13] How Debbe got started at 10 years old (wink)
- [8:39] How to get started landing luxury clients
- [12:03] Debbe didn’t always work with luxury clients
- [16:20] Marketing to High-End Clients
- [24:07] Getting started with your online portfolio
- [26:48] Pricing pushback
- [31:58] What goes into Debbe’s services packages
- [39:30] Putting packages on the website
- [42:16] How to cope with clients shopping you
- [47:28] Whut up, Wingnut?
Connect with Debbe Daley
Resources & People Mentioned
- Kimberley Selden’s podcast
- Come to LuAnn Live!
- High Point Market
- Acuity Scheduling
- Gift from the Sea
The more bling the better
Debbe has worked with high-end clients for years, and if there’s one thing she’s learned, it’s that they like a lot of bling. That means that you’re going to have to show them the best products. They may already know when something is middle-of-the-road, so you have to be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge of quality products.
Finding high-end clients can be one of the most challenging aspects of working with them. Debbe recommends you join civic organizations like your local chamber of commerce. Not only will you be around other business owners who may have the money to hire you to work on their high-end projects, but it’s a first step into networking. Debbe stresses the importance of not just having your portfolio online, but networking like crazy.
Curate your online portfolio to land high-end clients
If you want to land a luxury client, you have to show that you know luxury. Debbe says it’s important to ensure your online portfolio shows your best work, especially your work that speaks to that luxury lifestyle. That doesn’t mean that you don’t post your in-progress shots on Instagram or dismiss other work. But when it comes to your online portfolio, it’s gotta have that bling.
Debbe is also very forward-thinking about how to communicate her work to her clients. Just because you’re working with a high-end client doesn’t mean you won’t face the pricing pushback you get from other clients. So Debbe has some creative ways to work with her luxury clients. But you’ll have to listen to find out!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
Subscribe to The Wingnut Social Podcast on iTunes, Google Podcasts, or TuneIn