Breaking News: Facebook Launches Small Business Grant Program
Episode #137 the Wingnut Social Podcast
Facebook is launching a Small Business Grant Program to offer $100 million in cash grants and ad spend as a way to give back during the pandemic. Listen to this minisode of Wingnut Social for all the details—and a few other things they’re doing that could be a gamechanger for your business.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [2:20] Details on the small business grant
- [3:34] Sell gift cards for your business on FB
- [6:23] Start a fundraiser for your small business
- [7:30] Update temporary service changes
- [10:09] Blooper Reel!
Resources & People Mentioned
- White Lion Cafe
- Facebook Business Resource Hub
- Facebook’s Small Business Grant Program
- How to set up a gift card to sell on Facebook
Facebook’s Small Business Grant Program
The government has launched the Payroll Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) to help small businesses stay afloat. But it might not be enough to support everyone struggling. So Facebook decided to offer $100 million to 30,000 different businesses in 30 countries.
Here are the eligibility requirements to apply, listed on their website:
- The business must have between 2 and 50 employees
- It has to have been in business for over a year
- The business is experiencing challenges from COVID-19
- Be in or near a location where Facebook operates
As of the date of recording (4/9/2020), you can go to the website (in the resources above) to find out if they’re offering grants in your area and sign up to receive an email for when they start accepting applications.
Facebook updates that can positively impact your design business
Facebook has made a few tweaks and changes with its protocol:
- Facebook is allowing you to make temporary edits to your business page to mark current hours, changes in the services you provide, etc.
- They’re also allowing you to throw a fundraiser for your small business, similar to how you can throw a fundraiser on your Birthday for non-profits.
- You will be allowed to set up a gift card for your business with one of the partners Facebook works with. It will be discoverable and accessible on your Facebook AND Instagram profiles.
Facebook will be rolling out these changes soon (if they haven’t by the time this airs) so keep your eyes open and take advantage of these tools. In this minisode, Darla and Natalie share some great ideas for services an interior design business can offer with the purchase of a gift card. Listen for full details!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- Check out the Wingnut Social Media Lab Facebook Group!
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK