What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [0:40] Natalie hosts this episode of Wingnut Social!
- [2:25] Nikki Rausch on sales techniques
- [5:30] The “Bless and Release”
- [6:35] Closing the loop with clients
- [7:25] Carla Aston on blogging
- [9:00] Brand voice with Nicole Hymer
- [11:35] How to become an HGTV design star
- [13:20] Corey Damen Jenkins project pointer
Resources & People Mentioned
- Episode #97 with Nikki Rausch
- Episode #25 with Carla Aston
- Episode #5 with Nicole Heymer
- Episode #38 with Abbi McCollum
- High Point Market
Step outside of your comfort zone
Natalie is kicking off 2020 and hosting the first episode of Wingnut Social solo—when she’s usually Darla’s co-host. She’s used to offering extra insight and questions that complement Darla. Darla pushed her to do this solo episode to make her “grow”.
Natalie humbly admits that hosting is a lot more difficult than it seems.
She’s stopped and started recording more than she cares to admit.
It takes a lot of effort and learning to master something new.
But she’s launching the new year with a push to grow and expand her expertise and killing it in the process. So listen to hear her “AHA” moments—and hopefully have some of your own as you apply these tips to YOUR business.
Natalie’s top 5 “AHA” moments
Without further ado, here are Natalie’s moments to remember:
- Episode #5 - Brand Voice with Nicole Heymer: Be authentic and consistent across all platforms. Clients will get to know you and learn to trust you before even connecting for a consultation.
- Episode #25 - Blogging for Interior Designers: Your blog needs to answer a question or solve a problem. You need to offer something of value to your reader. If they can’t do it themselves, they may just reach out to you—the brand expert!
- Episode #38 - Be an HGTV Star with Abbi McCollum: Abbi is always on the hunt for the next big thing in design! If you want to be a star, the easiest way to get in front of her is to use the #HGTV hashtag on your social media posts!
- Episode #97 - Stellar Sales Techniques with Nikki Rausch: Schedule a follow-up call with a potential client before you wrap up a presentation. It increases the odds of them following through and making a decision.
- BONUSTIP from Corey Damen Jenkins: Natalie heard him speak at High Point Market on the subject of posting your projects. Instead of posting in real-time document the journey with photos. Then—towards the end of the project—slowly drip the photos out over a few weeks. Instead of your followers losing interested trying to follow along over 6 months, you’ll keep them engaged.
To hear more in-depth details on each of Natalie’s favorite moments from the last year of Wingnut Social, listen to the whole episode!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK