Darla and Natalie share the simple steps to get your channel rolling in this episode of Wingnut Social. They’ll also fill you in on the “why” behind using this feature.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [0:35] IGTV rolled out a game-changer
- [2:05] Create your own video series
- [4:00] Allows you to prepare and record
- [5:30] How to add a video to a series
- [6:55] Ideas of what type of series to launch
- [8:05] The Wingnut Social series announcement
Resources & People Mentioned
So why is this IGTV feature a game-changer?
The biggest change is that you no longer have to go live on Instagram and deliver a perfect video from start to finish. IGTV allows you to record videos however you’d like, and upload them to your channel. But the best part of the feature?
You can create your own video series for Instagram.
You can start a design series about your creative process from beginning-to-end. Instagram users can follow you and choose to receive notifications when you drop your next episode. It’s genius!
To hear more ideas for your own series—and find out what the Wingnut Social upcoming series will be about—check out the whole minisode now!
How to use the IGTV series tool in the app
Ready for the simple steps to add a video from Instagram? Here’s how:
- Open the app and touch the IGTV icon in the top right corner.
- Click the + button in the top right corner.
- Choose the video that you’d like to add and click ‘Next’.
- Choose a cover photo (either a still from the video or your camera roll)
- Add a title, description, and pertinent information then choose ‘Add to Series’.
- If you haven’t created a series yet, it will give you the option to create and name one.
- It allows you to post a preview of your video to your Instagram feed, allowing users to watch the whole video if they choose to do so.
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- Email: info(at)wingnutsocial.com
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK