Find out how to use this feature in this Monday Marketing Minisode of the Wingnut Social podcast! Darla and Natalie will fill you in on this fun and interactive side of Instagram. If you’re looking to increase engagement and connect with your fans, this is a must-listen!
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [1:24] Instagram Stories Create Mode
- [5:47] The 7 features you can use
- [7:23] Why you NEED to embrace it
- [10:30] Blooper Reel
Resources & People Mentioned
Instagram Create Mode 101: Dummy-proof
Stories are one of Instagram’s most popular features! The more you add to your story and interact with your fan base, the more it influences the algorithm and gets you more traffic. So for those of you who haven’t embraced the newest feature, here’s where you find it:
- In the top left corner of the app, choose the spot where you would normally add a story.
- In the menu on the bottom, scroll to ‘create’ and gain immediate access to 8 different features.
It’s that simple! If you don’t have images prepared, it’s a creative way to post to your story without stressing over pulling content out of nowhere.
Create mode’s fun-filled features
There are currently 8 features that you can choose to make your Insta story creations. What are they?
- Happy Birthday: Post a special Happy Birthday shout-out to your story!
- GIF Mode: This hilarious feature allows you to add a GIF to your story.
- Templates: 8 pre-made backgrounds to interact with your fans in a unique way.
- On This Day: A randomly selected #ThrowbackThursday photo you can share to your stories!
- Make a poll: Type a random question to ask your followers!
- Ask ME a question: Listen to the episode to hear some of the crazy questions Darla was asked when she tried this!
- Countdown: Going live? Have an event coming up? Give your fans a countdown to boost excitement and anticipation!
- Quiz: Ask your followers to answer a quiz question—see how well they know you!
Darla emphasizes that you need to go check it out for yourself—and Natalie is totally on board. Experiment and find your favorite feature and start increasing engagement with your fan-base!
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website
- Check out the Wingnut Social Media Lab Facebook Group!
- 1-877-WINGNUT (connect with us for your social media marketing needs)
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK